There is less than a week.I can believe 3 months are over. I have learned a lot about programming.Friends the next level of FOSS outreach Program has been announced.What I have to say from my experience is
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference. !
For Future interns some tips
- if you are interested install an irc client like chatzilla say hi at #opw
- Find a participating organization that welcomes you
- Start early as possible
- Complete the patch submitting requirement.Be it a small patch 🙂 .I started by modifying Readme
- Dont forget to reach for help when stuck
- Be enthusiastic
This is a list what I am going to after Internship
- I am about to join a cool startup Red Panthers .An amazing team who mainly focuses on ruby and loves and contributes open source
- Learn Ruby, Become better at Python
- Continue contributing to existing projects
- Attend an international conference
- Find some amazing cool open source projects
Any suggestions.Feel free to comment
In the past week I have been picking issues from bugzilla and fixing them. I had been lucky to get the support of amazing people like Giorgos and Anastasios who had been kind to review my PR .
Status of four bugs has been marked resolved in the bugzilla. I have received feedbacks on other bugs which I expect to resolve it soon
Challenges and Feedbacks
I have been receiving repeated feedbacks about the indentation issues in the HTML code which needs to be fixed soon. I shall fix it and explain it in the next post 🙂
Need to make marks as taken as there are chances for multiple users taking up the tasks
Found an awesome task management tool Google keep.Its comes as a chrome extension and android application.Decided to use it
Decided to work some days extra to make up two days loss
I am sharing an extremely useful resource on the review process .Thanks to Bob Silverberg for sharing.
The initial two weeks has come to an end and have learned a lot.Some advance git commands . I know there more to learn.